VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Habitat for Humanity Kenya (HFH Kenya) is a national non-profit organization that begun its operations in 1982 as an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. The affiliation is guided by a National Affiliation Agreement (NAA) and a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). HFH Kenya’s vision is: “A nation where every family has a decent place to live.” Mission: “Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity Kenya brings people together to build homes, communities and hope”. Our overarching goal is: “Enabling low-income families access decent and affordable shelter”.
Serve as a Habitat for Humanity Kenya ambassador in interactions with prospective cooperates, donors and volunteers throughout the development of partnerships leading to an active local volunteer program. Manage the Global Volunteer Program. This is a program by Habitat for Humanity International that allows short-term trips by volunteers’ teams around the world to build with partner families and help Habitat eradicate poverty housing. Volunteers are required to raise funds to cover the cost of their trip and do not need prior building experience or specific language abilities.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The position will be based in Nairobi and reports to Partnerships Manager. Works with all departments to ensure seamless flow of HFH programme and operations processes.
Mobilization of Local Volunteers and cooperate partners:
- Develop and implement HFHK’s Volunteer Strategy that meets/exceeds revenue goals.
- Work with the Partnerships Manager to diversify funding models for volunteer programs including increased foundation and corporate support
- Proactively pursue business networking opportunities and establish relationships with business leaders to seek qualified leads
- Research prospect partners, develop contacts and cultivate relationships leading to volunteer and donor opportunities.
- Support planning, promotion and development of donor events.
- Leverage visibility events and executive led volunteer experiences as opportunity for stewardship
- Maintain and expand corporate partner relationships through on-going communication and solicitation as appropriate; ensure timely renewals and continued partnership growth
- Maintain an adequate pipeline of potential partners through systematic and prospecting activities
- Take an active role to profile, package and market the local volunteer program in Kenya with a focus on corporates, international schools, Universities, religious institutions, government institutions and individuals.
- Develop and deliver creative and powerful presentations and proposals for corporate partnership opportunities; ensure organizational leadership involved in pitch are briefed and prepared for meetings.
- Track respective prospect interactions (meeting notes, emails, and important communications) and associated documentation in donor management database
Managing the Global Village (GV) Program
- Develop and submit all the annual Global Village (GV) accreditation documents and requirements within the stipulated deadlines for country program hosting accreditation approval by the regional office.
- Maintain the HFH Kenya volunteer engagement online international teams calendar VE-ITC. This shall include, creating GV opportunity slots, approving/ rejecting teams, managing host project information.
- Manage, report and reconcile all GV related trip advance expenses as per policy
- Ensure HFHK GV program meets all the minimum standards of hosting international teams which include and not limited to; accommodation, transport, health & safety and GV policy compliance.
- Annually prepare and review GV trip budgets for each project location to ensure efficiency.
Volunteer Teams Operations:
- Develop in collaboration with the program team a well scheduled volunteer hosting schedule and trip itinerary (Local and International teams) for all HFHK hosting project locations.
- Coordinate volunteer trips and participation logistics for all volunteer teams which teams include: before, during and after the trip.
- In collaboration with the Communications and Advocacy Officer, design and develop programs and materials used for volunteer- recruitment, orientations and trainings.
- Prepare reports capturing the impact of the Volunteer’s investment on the lives of the supported families.
- Implement/measure volunteer program to evaluate volunteer satisfaction and process improvement.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Advocacy Officer Create to manage communications with volunteer teams via email and e-newsletters and volunteer recognition.
- Coordinate with programs field officers visits for family vetting, profiling and training on hosting the Volunteers in conjunction with field offices.
- Coordinate with programs Community Development Officers to follow up on host family preparation on procurement of construction materials.
- Liaise with Administration Team to ensure logistics, accommodation and reception of the Volunteers is handled in an efficient and timely manner.
- In liaison with Community Development Officers, meet and inform the local authorities on the presence of Volunteers in the community and their crucial support to HFH Kenya mandate
- Maintain volunteer data report on GV and local teams in terms of schedule, volunteer hours, number of repeat engagement and number of families supported.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES / INDICATORS
- Total number of volunteers and corporates mobilized.
- Total volunteer hours offered on volunteer service.
- Number of families, trainings, projects or services supported through VE.
- Number of repeat volunteers, corporates and referrals.
- Volunteer evaluation feedback rating
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, International Relations, or related field.
- Min 3-5 years working experience in NGO sector and development;
- Experience in developing and nurturing strategic partnerships
- Volunteer management experience is highly preferred
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and financial analytical skills
- Willing to undertake new, different, and/or unfamiliar assignments and tasks.
- Ability to articulate the organization core mission, values and products.
- Ability to work long and odd hours, including weekends, Confidentiality, Honesty, High levels of integrity
How to Apply
To apply, email your application (Cover letter & CV as one PDF Document) with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and position applied for in the subject line.
The closing date for receiving applications is no later than end of day on Friday 23rd September 2022.
HFH Kenya is an equal opportunities employer and will never ask for funds as part of the recruitment process.
Habitat for Humanity has no tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Report fraud at heal.habitat.org